Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Music Post of the Week (MPOTW), Accordion Edition

That's right fellas,

This is the MPOTW accordion edition, kind of like the Jeopardy Home edition in that you have to be the judge (get it? Judges?) !

The first candidate brings us some killer Vivaldi:

What I think I like most about this clip is not the background (School play? Bar Mitzvah?) but this kid's facial expressions. When I was in a band we used to call this 'bass face'. Still, credit where it's due.

Next contender:

What I like about this one is that it's clearly being shot in either a dorm room or in some kid's room, which would indicate that either a roommate or a parent has to put up with incessant yet awesome accordion practice. Still, a contender for awesomest accordion work ever. 

Last but not least, we have this guy: 




The best part would probably be the dramatic ending (why doesn't that happen more often? Maybe it does - I don't hang around with as many accordionists as I'd like). Also, the digital accordion needs to go. Regardless, I'd award some extra style points. 

Thoughts? Let's hear some comments, fellas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment