Saturday, October 15, 2011

A head full of radios

Brethren, we live in a wonderful time of great things. We have this new fangled thing called the internets that we can use, and apparently on these internets one can find and enjoy various entertaining things. In my personal time I prefer to partake in musics. Musics are great things that move me. This post is dedicated particularly to musical nuggets of joy that are done in the name of the almighty Radiohead. Anyone who has ever looked at the music of Radiohead from a theoretical standpoint can tell you that it really shouldn't work. So much ambiance should not be capable of having so much precision, and yet somehow they just rock it like the Flintstones. And yes, I know that was a dumb metaphor. Just roll with it. To honor this, I present for your listening enjoyment covers of Radiohead songs that, on paper, simply should not work, and yet somehow are pure amazing.

For exhibit A, I ask for your forgiveness. After all, it is slightly blasphemous to infer that Hanson can cover Radiohead and do it really, really, well. However, they do. Oh, how they do!



Foe exhibit B, I present to you a piece of Americana. Chris Thile is a mandoline player in a group by the name of Nickel Creek. I've had the great pleasure of seeing this man live, and you'll have to take my word for it when I say I've never seen anyone shred the Mandolin quite like he does. He did everything from Bach to the White Stripes (which we won't hold against him). He played this cover of Morning Bell, and later I found this tasty, tasty video of him and his other bluegrass band band playing the ever loving crap out of it.



Finally, with exhibit C, I present to you a once mighty band who is now (arguably) just making stupid records just to make fun of their fans. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, may I present to you Weezer playing an amazing rendition of Paranoid Android. Bonus points to the drummer for playing the guitar.



There you have it. A band so good that you can cover it anyway that you want it and it still brings the awesome.

loves,
~taylor

ps - we loves ya

No comments:

Post a Comment