Thursday, November 17, 2011

MPotW: Drums ahoy

Alright, party people, it's time for a little confession. I love the drums. A lot. I've been a guitarist since I was 10, but if there was a drum kit at my house I would probably never have touched the guitar at all. As such, I try to check out cool spots of drumming. I have fallen in love with some bands because of the drumming. While I could list favorite drummers and go off on what specifically I love about them (Mike Mangini, Jose Pasillas, Dave Grohl, Jason McGerr to name a very brief few), I feel like not enough attention is paid to this, the most important piece in keeping a good song moving well. So, to that end, this MPotW is dedicated to amazing examples of drumming prowess.

To start off, let's talk about Andrea Verducci, or vadrum as he is known on the interwebs. This man did an amazing rendition of the Mario Brothers theme song, but that's not what brings him to my attention today. No, this man decided that it was time to use his full kit to play metal influenced drums along with an Italian Orchestra. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Andrea Verducci playing "The Barber of Seville".



Next on our list is a young man who, at the tender age of 16 performed in the below video. Think to when you were 16. Could you do anything as good as this kid can drum? Can you do anything now as good as this kid can drum? I doubt it. But hey, if you can, you're more awesome than me (which, granted, doesn't take a lot). Dylan Elise is more awesome than me.



To keep the tradition of the 3 alive and well, let's end on a personal favorite of mine, a feller by the name of Zack B. He lives in Scandinavia, plays the drums like a mad man, and has actually responded to each and every comment. He plays great Mega Man covers, but to play us out, Keyboard Cat's long lost cousin, the Nyan Cat.

1 comment:

  1. Vadrum is amazing!! I LOVED "The barber of Seville." GREAT drumming!!

    ReplyDelete