Sunday, May 27, 2012

All Good Things....

Hi Ho tribe,

So, word has it that Sunday (today, really) I'll be released by the Stake Presidency. I wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know that it has been an honor and a pleasure to serve in this ward and in this capacity as the EQP for the past 4-ish years. I can't begin to enumerate the things I have learned or the ways in which I have changed (I think for the better) as a result of this opportunity. I find it hard to think of simple things I have learned here - largely because, if they were simple, we'd all know them by now from reading them or hearing others tell us about them.

This is one article we're likely not to be mentioned in, and that's a compliment. 


I will miss you guys and hope to stay in touch. It's not as though I'm leaving town, just changing wards.  I also want to take a moment to thank Christian Johnson, my steadfast counsellor and good friend. When I was first called as the EQP years ago, I knew nothing about what I'd be doing or what to do, so I fasted and came up with two names for counsellors. Christian was the first name that popped into my head and he has been a wonderful counsellor. I also know I need to mention what a blessing it has been to serve under Bishop Metcalf, whose wisdom and guidance has been a tremendous source of strength for me over the past years.

Anyway, it's time for me to move on and I know that the guys that are called to succeed me will be inspired to lead the quorum to greater heights of spiritual development. I am grateful to have had this wonderful opportunity and hope you all realize what a blessing it is to associate with such remarkable people.




No comments:

Post a Comment